Introduction to The Fashion Marketing Diaries

New beginnings...


Hello everyone! 



As an introduction to this blog, I feel I should introduce myself. I'm Anna, a student with a passion and drive to become a fashion journalist or a fashion events manager. I would like this blog to be a professional but friendly space which grows with me, as I blossom and develop my interests in this industry. 




So, without further ado, here is a touch upon my interests at present in the industry.  I am loving River Island's Autumn collection! As the leaves flutter down leaving their trail of summer warmth behind them, the designers at River Island have captured this change of season perfectly through their choice of soft brown, oranges, grey and red colours, and simple yet stylish shaped garments. 


Chanel's S/S 18 collection at Paris Fashion Week. What can I say? It was stunning. Everything a catwalk show should be in my eyes. Every garment and model exuded elegance, glamour, and romance. Even those controversial PVC accessories. And the waterfall backdrop; beautiful. Even if Angelo Flaccavento doesn't agree, "Chanel was so heavy on repetition ... in these grim times, seemed like a needlessly grand waste of money," (Business of Fashion 4.10.17) for me it was a key highlight of the week.  
Image result for chanel ss18


So, I will leave it here for now, just as we have been given our first briefing at university, to promote a brand already in Chester. At this point i'm thinking Jack Wills; their high sense of clothing quality and and quirky aesthetic will make for a piece of interesting research. Linked below is a powerpoint of the research I have already carried out for Jack Wills.

https://www.slideshare.net/secret/pzntc7jTRCgWPq



Until next time 
Anna xx



Image referewnces: 

Photo source: http://www.elleuk.com/fashion/articles/a39049/chanel-ss18-by-numbers/




Comments